2019 Acura MDX vs. 2019 Lexus GX
20 mpg/city** and 27 mpg/highway**
15 mpg/city and 18 mpg/highway
9-Speed Automatic with Sequential SportShift Paddle Shifters
6-speed sequential-shift automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission
Finding the right luxury SUV can be a challenge. Luckily, Weir Canyon Acura is here to break down two of the market’s top choices with our 2019 Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX comparison. Both offer competitive pricing, interior features, and advanced safety systems, but only one can end up on your driveway. Discover the right luxury SUV for you by comparing the Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX with us today!
Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX: Pricing and Configurations
Since many customers sift through their options by price, they will be glad to see that the Acura MDX has a better starting price over the GX. In addition, the MDX lineup offers customers more options with its five available packages, while you can only choose from three trim levels in the GX lineup. Take a look at the starting prices for both models below:
- 2019 Acura MDX: The base trim of the Acura MDX starts at $44,300 MSRP*. There are five packages (trim levels) available: Standard, A-Spec®, Advanced, Technology, and Entertainment.
- 2019 Lexus GX: The base GX starts at $52,505 MSRP. There are three trims to choose from: GX 460, GX 460 Premium, and GX 460 Luxury.
Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX: Interior Dimensions
A roomy interior is only one of the many reasons drivers upgrade to a luxury SUV, and the MDX outshines the GX by offering more personal space to passengers so everyone can get comfortable. It also comes with more cargo space so you can bring more for the ride. Take a look at the interior dimensions below:
- 2019 Acura MDX: The MDX interior can seat up to seven passengers for comfortable drives around town or far from home. The Acura MDX has a max cargo space of 68.4 cubic feet, as well as 38.1 inches of front headroom, 61.1 inches of front shoulder room, and 57.5 inches of front hip room.
- 2019 Lexus GX: When you compare the Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX 460, you’ll see that this SUV also seats up to seven passengers, but it only has a max cargo capacity of 64.7 cubic feet. There are just 38 inches of front headroom, 55.4 inches of front shoulder room, and 56.5 inches of front hip room.
Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX: Safety Features
The Acura MDX is not only built to keep you moving, but is also designed with safety in mind. That’s why you’ll have access to a wide range of safety and driver assist features to keep you more alert and protected behind the wheel. Some of the safety systems you’ll find in this suite include:
- Next-Generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Forward Collision Warning System
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Advanced Front Airbags
- Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s Knee Airbag
With the 2019 Lexus GX 460 drivers will have standard safety features which include:
- Four-wheel Active Traction Control
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- 10 Airbags
- Active front headrests
- LED Headlamps and Tail Lamps
Test Drive the Acura MDX at Weir Canyon Acura
Once you’ve compared the Acura MDX vs. Lexus GX, you can find more comparisons such as the Acura MDX vs. RDX, Acura MDX vs. Honda Pilot, or check out model features like the MDX towing capacity and interior features. Be sure to browse our inventory of new MDX models for sale to see what fits your style and budget. Contact us today to schedule a test drive near Montclair!
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Destination & Handling charge is $995 for sedans and $995 for SUVs. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.