Maybe you’re browsing a new car inventory, or maybe you’ve had a dream car in mind and want to take the plunge to finally hit Costa Mesa roads in style. Buying a car can feel like a labyrinthine process, but it doesn’t have to be stressful! Weir Canyon Acura has lots of tips for how to buy a new car below. Need more info? You can find more reliable auto finance tips with our breakdown of how to buy a car in another state.
When to Buy a New Car
A car is a long-term, hefty investment, so you should think about when to buy a new car. How do you know it’s the right time to get that next vehicle? You should think about getting a new car if:
- You’ve found yourself having to get expensive repairs on your vehicle. Definitely get a new car if you find yourself paying more on repairs than you would for a new car!
- The problems with your vehicle are making you feel unsafe. You don’t want the feeling that some vital system is going to break overriding your driving experience in Tustin.
- Your family is expanding and you need more space, like with a RDX crossover SUV.
- Your old vehicle is failing emissions tests and needs to be upgraded constantly. .
How to Find the Ideal Car
Ok, so you’ve decided it’s time to get a new car in Montclair, but how do you decide? Most start by setting a budget and using tools like a payment calculator to figure out which vehicles and interest rates will work for them. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to buy a new car:
- Begin by narrowing your search. Start with your desired passenger capacity, cargo space requirements, safety features, and other things like that. Now look for models that meet your needs.
- Make a list of your top three vehicles and research them as best as you can. Read online reviews, compare their specs, and try to take them all for a test drive.[
- Search for your vehicle in your area. See what dealerships offer your vehicle, compare their prices, and see what other shoppers have paid for it.
- Dealerships often have sale days on holidays and other special occasions. If you’re near a holiday, go ahead and wait it out.
How to Afford a New Car
Ok, now we know when to buy a new car and how to find one. Finally, there’s the ever-important issue of finances. U.S. News suggests that your car payments should not push your monthly debts above ⅓ of your monthly income. There will also be additional costs to consider:
- New Car Sales Tax: This is typically added to your total car loan amount.
- Interest Rate: Your credit score will have a lot to do with determining your interest rate. A lower interest rate means that you will end up paying less overall.
- Trade-in Value: You can save some money on your car payment by trading in your current vehicle. Even if you still owe on your current vehicle, you can sell it to the dealership and get some money out of it. Value your trade online to get an idea of what your vehicle is worth!
The finance center at Weir Canyon Acura helps Tustin drivers figure out an ideal payment plan everyday! Apply for financing online to see what kind of payment plan and interest rate you can get with us.
Find Your New Car at Weir Canyon Acura
We have a ton of exciting new vehicles at Weir Canyon Acura, like the ILX and the TLX. Check out our vehicle specials and contact us today with any questions you may have about the car buying process!