How often should you rotate your tires? Many Costa Mesa drivers wonder when to rotate tires. This important vehicle maintenance task should be completed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Although this is a good general guideline, it is still a smart idea to consult your owner’s manual for manufacturer recommendations. Now that you know when to rotate tires, check out our step-by-step guide on how to perform this service. You can also set up an appointment at our service center to leave your next tire rotation to the experts.
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
What does front-wheel and rear-wheel drive mean? It is where power from the engine is sent. For a front-wheel drive car, it is sent to the front tires, while in a rear-wheel drive car it is sent to the rear tires. Because of this, your tires do not wear evenly. For those who have a FWD or RWD vehicle, it is important to keep the tips provided below in mind.
- If you have a FWD or RWD car, tire rotation needs to be performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. If your owner’s manual has different suggested intervals, follow the automaker’s recommendations.
- If you decide to perform a FWD tire rotation at home, you will need to flip sides when moving the rear tires. For example, the rear right tire will go on the front left. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- If you have to rotate tires on a RWD car, you will need to reverse the steps above. Flip sides when moving the front tires to the back, but keep the rear tires on the same side when moving them forward.
- If you do a lot of off-road driving or drive in harsh conditions, you may need to have the tires rotated on your vehicle more often.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Curious about how many miles to rotate tires on an AWD model? With an AWD vehicle, each tire wears differently, and at different speeds. That is why tire rotations should be performed more often, at approximately 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Again, be sure to see if your owner’s manual has different suggestions. If you do not know the last time your vehicle had a tire rotation, be sure to set up an appointment at our state-of-the-art service center. We’ll perform an inspection to see if you’re due for a rotation. Tires usually require a rotation once the tread variance exceeds 2/32 of an inch.
Why Rotate Tires?
There are even more benefits beyond extending the life of your tires. Take a look at the additional benefits of routine tire rotation:
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
To be better prepared for hazardous weather around Montclair, keep tire rotations as part of your maintenance plan. Even the best-maintained tires will need to eventually be replaced. If you need replacement tires, our team would be glad to help you find what your vehicle requires.
Get Your Tire Advice From Weir Canyon Acura
For any information regarding tire care, contact us today. Our highly skilled technicians would be delighted to answer all of your vehicle maintenance questions like whether Acuras require premium gas. We want to help you keep your vehicle in pristine condition for many years to come.