Which Acura Vehicles Have AWD?
You’re probably familiar with the winter-weather benefits of Acura AWD, but there may be more to all-wheel drive than you ever thought possible. If you see off-road excursions or deep-woods camping trips in your future, you’ll need enough torque to negotiate uneven or muddy terrain. In fact, that’s just what Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive is designed to do! Join Weir Canyon Acura for an overview of how Super Handling Acura AWD can enhance the capability of your Acura MDX or TLX.
Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
What’s the difference between Acura AWD and Acura SH-AWD? Conventional all-wheel drive boosts traction on slick road surfaces, and keeps you busting through snow banks all winter in Costa Mesa. Acura SH-AWD builds on all of that and takes all-wheel drive capabilities to new heights. The result? According to Acura, high-performance handling that “simply cannot be matched by front, rear or conventional all-wheel drive systems.” The following benefits are just the start:
- Improved dry-road and all-weather performance.
- Perfect cornering, even on unstable road surfaces like snow or gravel.
- Depending on factors like available traction, weight distribution between wheels, and driver input, Acura SH-AWD fine-tunes the distribution of engine power to all four wheels.
- A stable driving platform no matter what the Tustin weather throws your way.
Acura MDX SH-AWD™ Benefits
The best-selling Acura MDX 3-row SUV comes standard with a punchy 290-horsepower, 3.5L V-6 engine. Even without a SH-AWD upgrade, Montclair drivers love the MDX for its tight, sporty handling — thanks to technology like Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)* with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering, Agile Handling Assist, and an Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) with three selectable driving modes. Upgrade any trim level with Acura MDX SH-AWD for the following benefits:
- On slippery surfaces, the system automatically sends power to the wheel with the most traction.
- By transferring power to the inside rear wheel, Acura SH-AWD increases stability while changing lanes.
- For sharper handling through turns, SH-SWD sends up to 70 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels.
- When additional traction isn’t needed, SH-AWD will conserve fuel by sending up to 90 percent of engine power to the front wheels.
Acura TLX AWD Super Handling™ Benefits
Can you expect your Acura TLX sedan to perform like an MDX? SH-AWD is available across the Acura lineup. You’ll enjoy similar benefits with Acura TLX AWD, including:
- Standard 2.4L inline-4 and available 3.5L V6 engines.
- Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (Acura SH-AWD) torque-vectoring technology.
- Increased fuel economy on straightaways.
- Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) that perfectly sets up the car’s technology to deliver four unique modes of Precision Crafted Performance.
- Sport mode for greater throttle response and enhanced road response.
- Sport+ mode for higher shift points and better balance when shifting gears.
Experience Acura Super Handling AWD™ in Anaheim
Ready to find out how Acura MDX SH-AWD feels from behind the wheel? Browse our inventory online and reach out to schedule a test drive today! We’re also happy to answer your questions about Acura TLX AWD, and other innovative Acura technology systems.