How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
How many miles do tires last with the proper maintenance? You can expect your Acura tires to last between 50,000 and 70,000 miles if you keep up with your scheduled maintenance intervals, but that still leaves a pretty wide margin. If you ask a technician at your local Costa Mesa service center about how many miles should tires last, they’ll say that tire longevity depends on a number of additional factors. Join Weir Canyon Acura for a closer look at tire care in the guide below.
What Factors Influence Tire Life?
Many factors will influence the lifespan of your tires. So how many miles should tires last in Tustin for your Acura vehicle? Take the following into consideration as you decide when to spring for new tires:
- Tire Type — All-season tires have rolling resistance and may last longer than high-performance tires, which maintain an extra-tight grip on the road.
- Treadwear Rating — Treadwear rating rates the life expectancy of the tire treads on your particular tires.
- Drivetrain — Front-wheel, rear-wheel, and all-wheel drivetrains each cause unique wearing patterns.
- Road Conditions — Certain surfaces are harder on your tires than others. You can expect faster wear if you regularly drive off-road or on dirt and gravel. Rain, snow, and road salt in Tustin will also speed the rate of wear.
- Hill Driving — Tires wear faster in hilly areas because the tires must grip the road with greater friction while stopping and starting on an incline.
- Driving Habits — Finally, driving habits like hitting the gas and brakes abruptly can promote tire wear.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
“How many miles should tires last?” and “how many miles do tires last?” are two very different questions. Not only can improper tire care drastically reduce tire life, but a perfect maintenance record (plus some DIY tire care) will help you to maximize the miles you get from your tires. Here’s what to look for when caring for your tires at home in Montclair:
- Air Pressure — Make a habit out of checking your tire pressure when you stop for fuel. Many gas stations have tire inflation stations, so you can top off your tires right away.
- Tire Wear — Uneven tire wear will reduce the efficacy of your tires, aming it harder for them to maintain traction. Regularly check your tires and treads for uneven wearing patterns.
- Tread Depth — If you learn how to check tire tread depth, you’ll know when it’s time to schedule service for tire rotation.
- Maintenance Schedule — Follow your recommended service schedule to the letter, and take your vehicle in to your local Acura dealership for service when needed.
Find Professional Tire Care Service in Anaheim
Still unsure about how many miles should tires last on your Acura model? The experienced team at Weir Canyon Acura is happy to help with all your car-care questions. Reach out today to start building your DIY auto maintenance skills!