How to Clean Car Seats – Step by Step
If you’re like a lot of our Costa Mesa customers, your car is your baby. That’s why you like to keep it clean. But that can be a challenge when you have toddlers or messy adult friends riding with you. And they can be especially hard on your seats. Don’t worry. Our Service technicians want to help you keep your car clean. So, we’ve put together this handy guide for you on how to clean car seats. We even discuss how to clean leather car seats.
How to Clean Car Seats That are Fabric
Follow these steps on how to clean car seats if your seats are covered in fabric:
- Vacuum all of the dirt and debris from the seat.
- Spray the seat lightly with a fabric cleaner. Don’t use just any surface cleaner!
- Brush the solution into the fabric.
- Before the fabric dries, wipe away any solution residue with a microfiber cloth.
- Run the vacuum over the seats one more time to help them dry.
- Give the seats time to dry completely.
How to Clean Leather Car Seats
It can be tough to clean leather seats properly. But you can do it. We can tell you from years of cleaning cars in the Tustin area, it’s really just a matter of using the right materials. Just follow these steps on how to clean leather seats, and they should turn out as good as new:
- Check with your owner’s manual for a list of cleaners not to use.
- Vacuum all the dirt and debris off of the seats. Make sure to get into those hard-to-reach crevices.
- Lightly spray some leather cleaner, saddle soap, or mild soap on to the seats (don’t use any other cleaner).
- Wipe the cleaner in with a microfiber cloth.
- If there is any soiling that is hard to get out, apply a gentle scrubbing motion.
- Use a clean microfiber towel to dry the seats.
Check Out Our Other Service Tips
If you found this guide on how to clean car seats helpful, check out our other tips, like “Hand Car Wash vs. Touchless Car Wash” or “How to Jump Start a Car”. Our Service Managers are happy to help you with any of your car questions. We’re just a short drive away from Montclair, but feel free to contact us today!